Minutes of a meeting of the Council
On Tuesday 27th November 2018
At Upton Bishop Millennium Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr R Lewis, Chairman; Cllr D Teague Vice Chairman; Cllr O Marshall; Cllr J Sherahilo; Cllr G Watts; Cllr R Powell; Cllr I Pebody;
In attendance Ward Cllr B Durkin; 4 Parishioners; Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm.
1) Apologies for absence: Cllr E Evans; Cllr C Gething-Lewis; Cllr J Scudamore; Cllr P Plumley.
2) Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: Cllr O Marshall declared a pecuniary interest in item 8 a i.
3) Minutes of meetings: It was RESOLVED unanimously to agree and sign the minutes of the Extraordinary meeting of 23rd October 2018 as a true and accurate record of the meeting
4) Open Session.
a) Ward Cllr Durkin provided an update.
b) Members of the public raised the following issues:
i) Would BBL be acting on comments made that the line marking at junction of Turners Lane & Church Road were misleading. The Clerk confirmed no action was planned. Ward Cllr Durkin pointed out that this could be remedied under a Community action from Precept funds if wished.
ii) 2 Parishioners stated that road markings all over Herefordshire were in a very poor state.
iii) Footpath no BA4 Netherton to BA Church – it was commented that the section near the Church is always ploughed and as a result becomes difficult and muddy to pass. Could the ploughing leave the path route untouched.
c) BACRG – Cllr Marshall provided an update on progress and the report will be available to view on the Parish website.
Items 8, 9, and 10 were discussed at this point.
5) Road defects / Highways issues
a) It was noted that Cllr Scudamore had responded to the General Scrutiny Committee on behalf of the Council.
b) Issues to be reported: Potholes in Turners Lane.
c) Action on Speeding: nothing to report. The Working Party is awaiting results of traffic measurements undertaken by BBL.
a) It was RESOLVED to ask the Lengthsman to undertake a roads day in each month of December, January and February.
b) It was RESOLVED to ask the Lengthsman to undertake bin change at bus stop twice a year at fee of £6/change.
c) Proposals for next year to be brought forward to a later meeting with Lengthsman in attendance.
7) Footpaths. – the Clerk reported that a representative of the Developers to field at end of Turners Lane had responded positively to suggestions of a new gate/kissing gate to entrance to BA 23/26 and had been asked to approach BBL for equipment so that PC may instruct Lengthdsman to install.
Further improvement suggestions to be submitted to the Clerk for discussion at the next meeting.
a) Current planning applications:
Cllr Marshall left the room
i) 163755 Land South of Church Road, Brampton Abbotts – Construction of 10 residential dwellings etc. Following discussion it was RESOLVED unanimously to object to this application. Comments submitted to date to be resubmitted, together with view that the application remains unclear, and still omits a traffic survey which is felt to be essential in view of the proposed two access locations.
Cllr Marshall returned to the meeting
ii) 184211 – The Burnt House, Old Gore – Proposed agricultural grain store. Following discussion it was RESOVED by majority (5 in favour, 1 abstention) to submit no objection and no comments.
iii) 183773 – Four Winds, Phocle Green – Proposed demolition of dilapidated garage and outbuilding and proposed extension / alterations. Following discussion it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments to this application.
b) Applications decided
i) 182434 7 Brick End Cottages, Foy – Approved. Noted.
9) Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Teague provided an update on events. Following receipt of approval form Councillors for amendment to draft for hydroelectric plans, the draft has been submitted and acknowledged for review by Herefordshire Council before formal Regulation 14 consultation.
10) Village Hall – Cllr Lewis provided a report of events leading to the closure of the hall following snow damage, commencement of repairs and subsequent discovery of structural faults to the roof. Insurance claim has now been agreed and paid. Full refurbishment costs to be confirmed. Outline terms of a Public Works Loan were described to the Council.
11) Insurance – renewal of insurance cover by Zurich under a group purchasing scheme run by Locality was discussed and it was RESOLVED unanimously to renew. It was noted that Locality does not offer advice or help in the event of a claim.
a) Bank balance and receipts/expenditure were reviewed and noted. A copy is attached.
b) Receipts in the period were wrongly stated in the agenda and were noted as second half Precept £4,000 and grant funding for NDP £4,760.
c) Invoices for payment- it was RESOLVED unanimously to pay invoices as follows: HALC – Website Hosting & Domain 2yrs £120.00; Upton Bishop Millenium Hall – Hire of meeting space £24.00; Kirkwells – NDP Consultant fees to reg 14 £1,920.00; Elizabeth Malcolm – Clerk Salary & expenses 2 months £507.04; HMRC – Tax on salary £15.60; Brampton Abbotts PCC – Church Yard maintenance £200.00; Foy PCC – Church Yard maintenance £200.00; Community First -Insurance renewal £226.19.
13) Budget 2019/20 and Precept: a draft budget was submitted and discussed. It was RESOLVED to provide for £1000 for footpaths work, other items remained unchanged. To meet the expenses the precept should increase by £1,000 to £9,000.
Discussion took place on the possibility of applying for a PWL (item 10) some repayment of which is likely to fall within the next financial year. It was RESOLVED to seek approval to finalise precept request with Hereford Council by 31st January 2019 to enable provision for loan repayments should this be necessary.
14) Risk Schedule – to be brought forward to next meeting.
15) Light Pollution – to be brought forward to next meeting
16) Correspondence – None
17) Meeting Dates:
a) Next meeting Tuesday 22nd January 2019 – venue to be confirmed.
b) Ordinary Parish Council meeting dates for 2019 – 26th March, 28th May (starting at 7pm with Annual Parish Meeting), 23rd July, 24th September, 26th November.
c) To note Councillors are asked to hold the following dates available for Extraordinary meetings if required: 26th February, 23rd April, 25th June, 27th August, 22nd October.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21:50