Minutes 25th November 2014

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF BRAMPTON ABBOTTS & FOY GROUP PARISH COUNCIL HELD on TUESDAY 25 th NOVEMBER at 7.30 pm in BRAMPTON ABBOTTS VILLAGE HALL

Present: Cllr R Lewis (Chairman), Cllr David Teague, Cllr D Uzzell, Cllr K Thomas,

Cllr I Pebody, Cllr J Sherahilo, Cllr C Gething-Lewis, Cllr V Coker, Cllr W Proctor.

In attendance: Mrs A Hall (Clerk), Mr A Hotston (NDP) and 1 member of the public.

11/14 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr V Fullerton, Cllr B Durkin, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman), Brenda Pomfret, Norman Pomfret, Mr S Fraser (Church Regeneration).

11/14 2. OPEN DISCUSSION FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS TO RAISE LOCAL ISSUES

None raised.

11/14 3. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS/DISPENSATION REQUESTS

None were declared or requested.

11/14 4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

Planning application P141547/F Due to the fact that the solar panels were small scale non-commercial and were to be sited in a location that was not visible the PC agreed to support the application.

With the above noted change it was resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 26 th August, 2014 be signed as a true record of the meeting.

11/14 5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

5.1 Overnight Parking at the Pumping Station : The Chairman informed the meeting that the overnight parking has ceased.

11/14 5.2 Deloitte Bike Ride : Cllr C Gething-Lewis updated those present with the chaos caused when the bike ride came through the village. Plans are already in place to put on a bigger ride next year. It was suggested that the police be invited to our next meeting to update them with our concerns regarding this organised ride and the concerns of the parish. Clerk to contact.

11/14 5.3 Dog faeces : This topic arose at the last meeting after a concerned parishioner contacted a Councillor. It was agreed that Cllr Sherahilo send an email to the email distribution list.

11/14 5.4 Commemorative Bench : The PC would like to get this resolved. During the last quarter Cllr Lewis has been doing some investigating and also Mr N Pomfret and Mr Parckar have been doing some separate negotiations. Discussions covered land ownership, site ownership, bench location. Cllr Pebody queried that if it is on council property then HC would have to agree. Clerk to liaise with Mr Pomfret for detail to make application to HC.

11/14 5.5 Church Regeneration Project : The Church Regeneration Representative was unable to attend and sent a brief report. Clerk to arrange his attendance for our February meeting.

11/14 5.6 Vintage Caravan Site : The Clerk as requested made enquiries with HC regarding necessary permissions for the Glamping site. HC felt that at least a Change of Use permission would be required and as nothing has been advised/applied for through HC then they have offered to send out an Enforcement Team to investigate. Cllr Gething-Lewis also read out his findings regarding the minimum requirements for planning permission being below the number of caravans they have on site. Cllr Coker commented that the owners looked into it thoroughly and have been careful to comply. It was agreed that this needs to be regularised and Cllr Sherahilo suggested the PC write to the owners prior to instructing the Enforcement Team informing them that some parishioners had raised questions about their glamping activities, as a result an enquiry was made by the PC of HC who said no applications had been made and offered to send in the Enforcement Officer. Inviting them to contact HC to resolve any issues. This was seconded by Cllr Thomas and agreed by all. Clerk to write a letter to the owners and also inform Herefordshire Council Planning Department of the decision made by the PC this evening.

11/14 5.7 Salt Bin Locations : HC current costings for purchasing, siting and one fill of a salt bin is approx £300. HC has informed the Clerk that these can be sourced cheaper by private suppliers and fitted by our Lengthsman. All new site locations must be advised to HC before installation for approval. Cllr Lewis confirmed that a number of bins have recently been filled and it was agreed that we are ok for this year.

11/14 5.8 Signage for Hole-in-the-Wall : There is no budget for village signage in HC’s budget. It was suggested that Cllr Pebody go back and residents and discuss. Clerk to obtain a costing from The Sign Shop.

11/14 6. REPORTS

6.1 Highway Matters : Cllr Lewis updated the meeting regarding a wish list requested by our Locality Steward. If anyone can think of additions to this list please advise the Clerk. Cllr Lewis then went on to inform all about the land drainage meeting held recently. HC advised us that it is the Landowners responsibility to keep water etc off the road and contact has been made with a local business/landowner to sort this issue. Cllr Pebody thought more water is coming from Hill of Eaton rather than the Perrystone Estate and is concerned that time is passing. Cllr Lewis agreed to telephone the landowner and discuss.

Cllr Gething-Lewis updated those present on the details of the location meeting held with HC and BB and the solid white line issue at Gatsford Crossroads. The PC feels this is a huge safety issue. All agreed for the Clerk to contact Cllr Durkin.

Cllr Gething-Lewis also brought up the grass cutting for traffic and road safety reasons. This will be added to the Agenda for discussion with the Lengthsman at our next meeting. It was also suggested that our Location Steward by invited to discuss this issue at our next meeting. Clerk to organise.

6.2 Herefordshire Council – Cllr Durkin : The November 2014 report had been previously circulated to those present. Via a message through the Clerk Cllr Durkin asked the meeting who owns/works the land near Gatsford Crossroads as all required work has been done apart from the cattle grid which the landowner is required to do. Details of the owner and farmer will be passed to Cllr Durkin by the Clerk. Cllr Gething-Lewis thought the cattle grid is actually on council property.

6.3 PGL : Nothing to report. Mr Pomfret has brought up the issue of water from the unadopted road. As far as we can tell BT have put a cable in and filled the ditch. Clerk to write to PGL and inform them of this dial before you dig service email address – dbyd@bt.com for this issue to be remedied. Clerk to write.

6.4 Lengthsman’s Report : A report had been circulated prior to the meeting. Cllr Gething-Lewis queried the Hill of Eaton issue. The Chairman confirmed that the Lengthsman is having difficulty getting the pipe to commence work. It was agreed by all that this work should be carried out asap.

A document regarding changes to the Lengthman’s Scheme and parish precept had been circulated to all. Clerk to ascertain what implications this will have on our Precept and any additional funds from HC will need to be match funded by the PC.

6.5 Church Regeneration Project : A report had been circulated prior to the meeting. The public meeting has now been moved to January 2015. It was agreed they be invited to the next meeting. Cllr Gething-Lewis informed the meeting that BA is to become part of the Ross-on-Wye Diocese.

6.6 Dementia Friends Champion : Cllr Thomas updated those present on his experience during the training session and the commitment he has made. He plans to do some training for other PC members in the New Year. Please view the web address https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk for further information.

11/14 7 MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION

7.1 Brampton Abbotts Phone Box : General discussion regarding the purchase of our telephone box from BT for £1. Upkeep costs/insurance was discussed. Suggestions for a tourist box, book exchange or defibrillation site etc. All agreed we would purchase the box and review its use(s) at a later date. Clerk to organise.

11/14 8. CLP/IMPLEMENTATION GROUP

Cllr Sherahilo informs the meeting that there is nothing to add at present, but there will be a full report for the next PC meeting covering P3 and Neighbourhood Watch etc.

Cllr Coker confirmed that the team had got bogged down with planning permission for signage.

With regards to the Neighborhood Watch reporting Cllr Sherahilo has been circulating information to those on the distribution list. Cllr Sherahilo informed those present that Cllr Fullerton will no longer be running the group and that he will be helping Cllr Coker with his distribution list.

11/14 9. P3 SCHEME

Cllr Coker informed the meeting of the P3 progress following a meeting held with Mark Francis of Envirobility. Mark was given the lists of problems identified by the Footpath Officers and he said he would walk the paths to inspect what is required so he can cost the work involved. Cllr Coker was given permission to approve future work up to the budget limit of £1,000 to ensure the full budget is spent by 31 December 2014. All agree.

11/14 10. NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Mr Hotston updated those present with progress made on the NDP including the November meeting, in particular comments received by HC regarding the lack of infrastructure, at the number of houses that had been allocated to the Parish in the draft Core Strategy and it was felt this should take priority in our Neighbourhood Plan. No interest has been shown by landowners. The grant will not be spent completely and some will have to be returned. Clerk to organise. NDP can apply for more funds in April 2015. Mr Hotston estimated it will be Easter before we do another public consultation and end of summer 2015 for the referendum with parishioners. Cllr Sherahilo suggested sending web address details for parishioners to view. Cllr Sherahilo to organise.

Mr Hotston informed the meeting that due to family reasons he will not be able to continue in his present role of Chairman although he intends to stay on as a member. He asked all to consider getting involved. The Chairman thanked Mr Hotston for his hard work.

11/14 11. PLANNING

P142312/FH Court Farmhouse, Hole-in-the-Wall, Ross-on-Wye HR9 7JN

Proposed garden studio for business office and personal study.

P142668/L Barns at Foy Hall, Foy, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 6QY

Proposed conversion of redundant barns to form 2 new residential dwellings.

P142445/FH Wayside Cottage, Foy, Ross-on-Wye HR9 7JN

Alterations to elevations, new drainage system and removal of trees.

P142472/F Former Shower Block, Court Mews, Hole-in-the-Wall, Foy, Ross-on-Wye

Change of use of dormer shower block to form new self contained holiday let.

11/14 12. FINANCES

12.1 Bank Account 10.08.14 £6,084.14

12.2 Receipts: HC Precept (09.09.14) £1,000.00

12.3 Payments:

NDP Brampton Hall Hire £19.00

NDP Data Orchard Consultants to be advised

NDP Meeting Costs to be advised

NDP Wyenet Website £292.80

Insurance Renewal £181.42

A Hall salary £200.00

PAYE £50.00

A Hall expenses £34.17 …………………. ….all resolved.

Precept. Clerk to investigate the implications of the New Lengthman’s match funding, Election costs and Phone box costs and we will arrange a meeting to finalise the Precept on 15 th December 2014.

11/14 13. CORRESPONDENCE

Travellers Site Document : The Clerk confirmed that the PC will have other opportunities to put across their thoughts on this topic. It was felt it necessary that the PC go back to HC with their thoughts. Cllr Teague will investigate and advise Clerk on comments to be made.

11/14 14. MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS/MATTER FOR THE NEXT MEETING

None.

11/14 15. DATE AND VENUE OF THE NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 24 February 2015 at 7.30 pm in Brampton Abbotts Village Hall. However there will also be a brief Precept meeting to be held on Monday 15 December at 7.30 pm to finalise the Precept.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.55 pm.