Minutes Annual Meeting 27th May 2014

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF BRAMPTON ABBOTTS & FOY GROUP PARISH COUNCIL HELD

ON TUESDAY 27 TH MAY 2014 AT 7.30 PM FOLLOWING THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

Present: Cllr R Lewis (Chairman)

Cllr C Gething-Lewis, Cllr D Uzzell, Cllr I Pebody, Cllr J Sherahilo, Cllr V Coker, Cllr V Fullerton,

Cllr K Thomas, Cllr B Durkin (HC).

In attendance: Mrs A Hall (Clerk), Viv Lucas (PPO), Brenda Pomfret (PPO), Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman) and two members of the public.

05/14 1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

Cllr V Coker nominated the re-election of Cllr Lewis, seconded by Cllr C Gething-Lewis. All in favour.

IT WAS RESOLVED that Cllr Lewis be re-elected as Chairman for the ensuing year.

05/14 2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr D Teague, Cllr W Proctor and Mr A Hotston.

05/14 3. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS/DISPENSATION REQUESTS

None were declared or requested.

05/14 4. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN

A Vice Chairman was not elected for this year, however, Cllr C Gething-Lewis is happy to stand-in should Cllr Lewis be unavailable. All in favour.

05/14 5. APPOINTMENT OF PARISH COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES

5.1 PGL Representatives

Cllr Gething-Lewis nominated Mr N Pomfret as PGL Representative.

IT WAS RESOLVED that Mr N Pomfret be appointed the PGL Representative.

5.2 Parish Paths Officer – Brampton Abbotts

IT WAS RESOLVED that Mrs Viv Lucas be the Parish Paths Officer for a further year.

5.3 Parish Paths Officer – Foy West and Foy East

IT WAS RESOLVED that Mrs Brenda Pomfret be the Parish Footpaths Officer for Foy West and Foy East for a further year.

5.4 Internal Auditor

Mr Ray Bilby has agreed to be the Internal Auditor of a further year.

05/14 6. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

None.

05/14 7. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

It was resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 25 th February 2014 be signed as a true record of that meeting.

05/14 8. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

8.1 Gatsford Crossroads – Cllr Durkin updated attendees with the present situation outlining his concern about the lack of progress. This junction is the 4 th most dangerous crossroads in the county. Cllr Durkin will continue to pressurise Herefordshire Council/Balfour Beatty to get this sorted.
Rudhall Crossroads – In October Cllr Durkin was told that the plan was to strip the road, re-lay it (hopefully red), cats eyes, new road markings, repair fences and get some form of ongoing maintenance at that crossroads. Cllr Lewis suggested spraying verges to prevent re-growth problems. Cllr Durkin asked to put this topic in abeyance until he has had a meeting to address this issue. He will advise the Parish Council as soon as possible. Cllr Gething-Lewis expressed his concern over the water coming off the asparagus field. Cllr Durkin and land drainage engineers are concerned that the bung present is not sufficient enough. Cllr Durkin suggested we liaise with Balfour Beatty to inform the landowner of his obligations.

05/14 8.2 Traffic Around Oak House Nursery

Cllr Fullerton feels this has come to a dead end with speeding and parking in this area. It takes 18 months to complete a traffic assessment to see about 30mph zone, but even then parking is still an issue. Cllr Durkin suggests getting more police presence for parking issues. It is agreed we should speak with the Safer Communities Partnership to discuss a way forward.

05/14 8.3 Parish Council Meeting Frequency

After discussion re effectiveness/efficiency it was agreed that we continue to meet four times a year and add additional meetings as and when required. Clerk to organise meetings with Village Hall.

05/14 8.4 World War I Poppy distribution

Poppy packets were distributed between the parishes. The Chairman outlined the plans which have been organised at the Brampton Abbotts Village Hall for 7/8 June for the commemoration. All are welcome. Cllr Gething-Lewis also invited all to How Caple Church on 27 July.

05/14 8.5 Parish Council Website

Cllr Coker confirmed the site is now up to date. If anyone wishes to add anything it can be added within a week. There is now a new section for the Neighbourhood Plan. Cllr Sherahilo asked for messages to be sent out when the website is updated.

Andrew Hotston (NDP) has set up a closed Facebook page. It was brought to the Parish Council’s attention that the idea was rejected by the Parish Council previously. It is decided that any Facebook presence should be removed – Cllr Coker to advise Mr Hotston.

05/14 9.1 Highway Matters

Flooding issues at the Hole-in-the-Wall, Hillcrest, bottom of Slade and below Netherton Lane – the PC need to go back to the Council. Cllr Pebody, Cllr Gethin-Lewis, Cllr Lewis and the Clerk to liaise with Herefordshire Council to request a drainage assessment.

Cllr Durkin updates the meeting with the new policy for potholes – Cat 1 filled within 24 hours, Cat 2 filled within 28 days. Mr Paul Rone has been appointed to manage Balfour Beatty.

9.2 Herefordshire Council – Cllr Durkin

Cllr Durkin updates the meeting with his report. Particular attention was paid to the Planning Application website as it is getting an overhaul. Core strategy of Herefordshire. Possibility of a bypass for Hereford. Trading Standards clamping down on illicit tobacco and alcohol. What to do after flooding? Individual Electoral Registration from June to November 2015. Cllr Coker to insert link into the Parish Website. Fracking possibilities within the area – unlikely due to geological structure. Dementia training to be organised. A number of contacts within Herefordshire Council have left but there are plans to appoint 13 new Locality Stewards. Cllr Sherahilo requested that this document be forwarded to parishioners. This was agreed with all those present.

9.3 PGL Representative Report

Nothing to report although some posts have been inserted by PGL around the village green. Cllr Gething-Lewis to check with Land Registry re posts.

9.4 Footpath Officers Reports

Brampton Abbotts – Gate on church driveway is now unlocked and is useable. The Chairman has spoken with the landowner who has asked for a polite letter to be issued to him stating rules and regulations so that he can pass this on to family and users of the footpath. Mrs Lucas to draft letter for Chairman’s approval.

Foy – FY10 still waiting to hear from solicitors. Ross Walking Group have arranged for a spare gate to be installed on footpath FY3. No action on FY8 and FY9. Paths are getting overgrown – discussion continues with the Lengthsman about responsibilities for gates, cutting back, stiles etc relating to the P3 Scheme and landowners.

9.5 Lengthsman Scheme

The Lengthsman outlined works which have been completed over the last few months. With regards to working off the highway we are covered by insurance. As you know there is no funding for cutting verges from the Council anymore. It is suggested that we keep an eye on the situation and await Cllr Durkin’s advice. Residual work at the Hole in the Wall ditch – the PC approved for this to be put on the schedule. Hill of Eaton bend – the Lengthsman suggested to open up the pipe and ask if the land owner would accept a small post and rail fence to stop the cattle? The Chairman will see the landowner to discuss. Also spring flush out of drains from pumping station to last two grids above Brampton turn. The Chairman advised the Lengthman that the pond outside the Village Hall is causing difficulties further down the road.

05/14 10. PLANNING

Applications:

P140861/F: The Gate House, Hole in the Wall, Foy, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 7JW

Redevelopment and alterations to form new residential dwelling.

No objections noted and Cllr Gethin-Lewis reviewed the full plans after the meeting.

05/14 11. P3 SCHEME

The Clerk read out to the meeting a contract which had been forwarded by Herefordshire Council. Envirobility is very familiar with the scheme and is happy to do it. Copies to be forward to the Councillors. Cllr Sherahilo suggests an extra meeting to discuss this fully. Concern is expressed regarding the amount of funds, allocation of work, selection of footpaths, who we report to etc. The Lenghtsman says this scheme works well with other parishes. All materials are supplied by Herefordshire Council. It is agreed that we hold an extraordinary meeting to discuss this topic.

Cllr Durkin leaves the meeting.

05/14 12. NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Cllr Coker updated those present at the meeting. Andrew is doing an amazing job. The grant is approved and we are now looking to obtain views of the parishioners.

Cllr Thomas wanted to make a few points firstly enquiring about more involvement from council members? Cllr Coker confirmed that all would be welcome. Secondly the willingness of Parish Council to hold additional meetings and this has already been discussed. Thirdly, have we answered all of Andrew’s questions? Clerk to investigate.

Cllr Coker proposes the Clerk access to internet banking. All in agreement.

£100 authorised spend without PC approval – after discussion it was agreed that the Chairman will have authority to approve expenditure up to £100. Prior to expenditure consultation must be obtained from the Chairman.

05/14 13. FINANCES

13. 1 Bank Account

11.04.14 Treasurer’s account £4,153.93

13.2 Receipts: Precept (11.04.14) £1,000.00

13.3 Payments: Lengthsman invoice – £300.00

Herefordshire Council £12.00

NDP Andrew Hotston expenses £38.70

HALC Subscription £291.41

RW Heale – notice board repair £125.00

BA Village Hall Rent £95.00

A Hall salary/PAYE £250.00

A Hall expenses £13.13

Lengthsman Scheme Admin Fee £180.40 …….All resolved.

The accounts for the year ended 31 March 2014 had been prepared by the Clerk, they were approved by the Council. Sections 1 &2 of the Annual Return were completed and approved by the Council. All risk has been assessed. The accounts have been audited by Mr Ray Bilby the Internal Auditor, no problems.

05/14 14. CLP/IMPLEMENTATION GROUP

Reports were circulated prior to the meeting and no questions were raised.

05/14 15. CORRESPONDENCE

Letter received from Herefordshire Council re the Core Strategy 2011- 2031. This topic was briefly discussed earlier through Cllr Durkin. Cllr Sherahilo suggested emailing the parishioners inviting them to take a look at the website – all agreed.

Church Regeneration Report

A report was previously circulated to those present. Cllr Sherahilo asked the council to approve it and see if he is happy for it to be distributed to the parishioners – approved.

Western Power Emergency Pack

This has been posted to the council and it has been passed to the Emergency Co-ordination Group.

05/14 16. MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS/MATTERS FOR NEXT MEETING

Cllr Sherahilo raised the topic of stapled signs on telegraph poles. He requested these should be removed if not relating to the village. It was agreed that notices should be placed in the noticeboard.

Cllr Sherahilo is concerned about a vehicle parked at the Pumping Station overnight. The vehicle is actually parked on Ross Rural Boundary – Clerk to contact Ross Rural Clerk.

Cllr Gethin-Lewis advised that another bike ride of 800 bicycles will be coming through the village in September. Last year safety issues were raised and it caused chaos. Cllr Gethin-Lewis has written a letter for the organisers and requests that the Clerk send this letter – agreed.

05/14 17. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 26 th August, 2014 at 7.30 pm in Brampton Abbotts Village Hall.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 10.10 pm.