Minutes 26th August 2014

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF BRAMPTON ABBOTTS & FOY GROUP PARISH COUNCIL HELD

on TUESDAY 26 th AUGUST 2014 at 7.30 pm in BRAMPTON ABBOTTS VILLAGE HALL

Present: Cllr C Gething-Lewis (Acting Chairman), Cllr B Durkin HC, Cllr I Pebody, Cllr D Uzzell, Cllr D Teague,

Cllr V Coker, Cllr J Sherahilo, Cllr V Fullerton. In attendance: Mrs A Hall (Clerk), Viv Lucas (PPO) and Brenda Pomfret (PPO), Neil James (Balfour Beatty), Andrew Hotston (NDP) and 1 member of the public. 08/14 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr R Lewis (Chairman), Cllr K Thomas and Cllr W Proctor.

08/14 2. OPEN DISCUSSION FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS TO RAISE LOCAL ISSUES

Cllr Sherahilo informed the meeting that a parishioner has expressed concern about dog faeces being left around the area in highly visible poo bags. It was agreed that an e-mail reminder should be sent to residents and a notice be erected to bin them.

Brenda Pomfret raised two issues concerning the Foy Notice board being too small. Cllr Fullerton confirmed that work to repair the old notice board was underway.

The second issue concerns the commemorative bench which still awaits positioning. It was suggested the Parish Council contact the farmer to ascertain if there is a suitable position.

08/14 3. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS/DISPENSATION REQUESTS

None were declared or requested.

08/14 4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

It was resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 27 th May, 2014 be signed as a true record of the meeting.

08/14 5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

5.1 Traffic Around Oak House Nursery: The clerk has been in touch with West Mercia Community Safety. To date no response has been received. Clerk to chase.

5.2 Posts at the Hole-in–the-Wall Village Green: Acting Chairman stated the posts at present are actually good to stop vehicles getting on the green. This item to be reviewed in the future once development ceases in the hamlet.

5.3 Overnight Parking at pumping station: The Local Steward has been informed of this.

5.4 Deloitte bike ride: Cllr Gething-Lewis updated the meeting with progress. On advice from Cllr Durkin it was decided that the matter be escalated with the police and communication to be continued with the organisers. The Parish Council were advised not to provide marshals for the event as this could backfire.

08/14 6. REPORTS

6.1 Highways Matters: Gatsford Crossroads/Rudhall Crossroads, Draining issues etc: Cllr Durkin updated those present on improvements. He had written to Balfour Beatty stressing the importance of having a continuous white line. Much has been done recently but there is more to do. There has been a review on procedure regarding verges and in the area we have seen evidence of this. Mr Neil James, our new Locality Steward, introduced himself to the Parish Council and outlined his plans for improving Balfour Beatty services. Cllr Durkin felt they provided better management overall.

Regarding drainage issues the Clerk has been communicating with Mark Wright at Balfour Beatty. Finalisation of areas to be investigated are being detailed.

6.2 Herefordshire Council: Cllr Durkin’s report had been circulated to the Councillors. Over the next 2 years £35m of funding each year must be removed. Vodafone Open Rural Sure Signal was discussed.

6.3 PGL: The representative’s report had been circulated previously to the Councillors.

6.4 Lengthman’s Scheme: The Lengthman’s report had been circulated to the Councillors. Discussion continued about verge cutting and the use of Terry Griffiths. It was decided that verge cutting should be added to the agenda for our next meeting. Approval for special works had been requested. The Clerk outlined the request and funds were reviewed. It was agreed by all that this work be approved.

6.5 Church Regeneration Group: Councillors had received a copy of the report. It was decided that the Chairman should be invited to our next Parish Meeting so that relevant questions can be raised.

08/14 7. MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION

7.1 Noise/Frivolity at the Rectory/B&B – Cllr Sherahilo brought this issue to the attention of the Parish Council. General discussion continued regarding a new local glamping site and whether it requires planning permission, also concern for other residents in the area who are not used to experiencing noise in the area. No one at the meeting knew of the planning requirements for this facility. Clerk to investigate.

7.2 Vintage Caravan Planning Consent – As far as the Clerk is aware no planning application has been processed for this. Clerk to check and clarify what is required.

08/14 8. CLP/IMPLEMENTATION GROUP

Cllr Sherahilo stated there was nothing new to report.

Cllr Fullerton updated those present on the Neighbourhood Watch progress. No response has been received from BT regarding signs on poles. Group will go ahead without using poles at present. It was asked if a neighbourhood monitoring system was in place yet. Cllr Fullerton confirmed this has yet to be organised although the police notification line 101 is always available.

08/14 9. P3 SCHEME

Reports for the P3 Scheme and Footpaths Officers had already been forwarded to all Councillors. Cllr Fullerton confirmed that a meeting has been organised with the CanDo Team for next week. Cllr Sherahilo queried the inclusion of the Wye Valley Walk. It was confirmed that the current agreement includes all footpaths within the Parish. Herefordshire Council stated that it got too complicated to discount individual paths.

08/14 10. NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

With the Chairman Andrew Hotston present at the meeting he was able to update those present with current events. It was noted that any funding not spent by the end of the year will have to be returned to Hereford Council. Discussion continued about the questionnaires completed by residents. This is understood to be about 10% which Andrew was pleased with. Cllr Teague queried a number of points which Mr Hotston responded to. The next NDP meeting takes place on 9 th September.

08/14 11. PLANNING

Applications:

P141364/FH Rectory Cottage, Brampton Abbotts, Ross-on-Wye HR9 7JE

Proposed single storey extension and new garage

P141458/F BP Northbound Ross Spur, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 7QQ

Proposed change of use of part of the building from B1 Office to D1 (non residential institution) – use to revert to B1 office at the end of lease.

P141686/F Underhill Farm, Foy, Ross-on-Wye HR9 6RD

Steel frame agricultural building

P141547/F The Old Rectory, Brampton Abbotts, Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 7JE

Proposed installation of 24 solar panels for domestic solar power with earth/grass bank as high as the panels on their southern and western edges.

P141987/F Court Mews, Hole-in-the-Wall, Foy, Ross-on-Wye

Change of use of former dining room and kitchen for one additional new residential dwelling.

P142003/F Land at Zubare, Ross Rd, Brampton Abbotts, Ross-on-Wye HR9 7JS

Proposed new dwelling

P142116/F Apple Garth, Phocle Green, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 7TL

Single story timber framed annex

Cllr Teague wanted to express his concern with the recent planning regarding Solar Panels. Although this particular design ensured that the panels weren’t easily visible we don’t want to set a precedent for others.

08/14 12. FINANCES

12.1 Bank Account – 10.08.14 £6,325.09

12.2 Receipts: Community Dev Funding (08.05.14) £2,494.80

P3 Funding (13.06.14) £1,000.00

12.3 Payments: Lengthsman invoice – Aug £318.00

NDP draw prize cheque £50.00

NDP Brampton Hall Hire £88.00

NDP Andrew Hotston expenses £48.59

NDP Andrew Hotston expenses £50.01

A Hall salary £200.00

PAYE £50.00

A Hall expenses £36.35

Donation BA PCC £200.00

Donation Foy PCC £200.00 …. All resolved

Donations to BA PCC and Foy PCC – Clerk to ascertain how funds are spent.

08/14 13. CORRESPONDENCE

Travellers’ Site Document – Clerk to send out a copy of the questionnaire with the minutes. It was agreed that a response should be sent from the Parish Council as a group and the CLP may be able to help.

08/14 14. MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS/MATTER FOR THE NEXT MEETING

Cllr Pebody requested that enquiries be made into the possibility of the Hole-in-the-Wall having a council sign or alternatively a painted sign on the Notice board. Clerk to investigate.

08/14 15. DATE AND VENUE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 25 th November 2014 at 7.30 pm in Brampton Abbotts Village Hall.

There being no further business the acting Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30 p.m.