Minutes 22nd November 2016

Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Tuesday 22nd November 2016
At Brampton Abbotts Village Hall at 19:30

Present: Chairman Cllr R Lewis, Cllr V Coker, Cllr C Gething-Lewis, Cllr O Marshall, Cllr T Orton, Cllr I Peabody, Cllr P Plumley, Cllr J Sherahilo, Cllr D Teague.

In attendance: Acting Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm, Ward Cllr B Durkin, 11 Parishioners.

1. Apologies for absence: None

2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests
Cllr R Lewis declared a DPI (Disclosable Pecuniary Interest in item 12.2 Planning application 163302. It was noted that Cllr Coker had submitted a comment to the Planning department on application 163339 in advance of the Parish Council meeting and therefore refrained from speaking and voting.

3. Appointment of Vice Chairman – It was proposed that Cllr D Teague be appointed Vice Chairman. The motion was proposed by Cllr Gething-Lewis and seconded by Cllr Sherahilo. The proposal was unanimously AGREED.

4. Minutes of the Group Parish Council meeting on 27/09/2016
It was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the Group Parish Council meeting held on 27/09/2016 as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

5. Minutes of an extra ordinary meeting of the Group Parish Council meeting on 02/11/2016 The Clerk advised that these minutes had not been completed and would be presented at the next meeting for approval. It was understood that Lynda Wilcox of HALC (acting Clerk for the meeting) had been on compassionate leave and the Councillors wished their best wishes to Lynda be recorded.
5.1 Minutes of confidential meeting of 02/11/2016. It was RESOLVED to agree and sign the confidential minutes of 02/11/2016

6. Open Session
Concerns were expressed on traffic increases to the Parish arising from increased housing anticipated with current planning applications. Discussion on calming methods, including ‘sleeping policemen’, signs and mirrors to aid visibility. It was stated that mirrors are no longer considered safe and any signage carries a liability issue for damage caused by them. Change of road speed can take up to 7 years to achieve and requires Traffic Regulation Order. The Locality Steward should be appraised of the concerns and landowners approached regarding hedge cutting/removal for visibility needs.
Discussion of item 12 Planning was taken earlier in proceedings to allow public discussion.

7. Reports

7.1 Ward Cllr’s report – Cllr B Durkin – Ward Cllr’s report was noted.

8. Lengthmans / P3 Scheme

8.1 Parish Lengthsman
It was RESOLVED to arrange one day with Lengthsman to clear drains and gips. Cllr Lewis to instruct details.
8.2 Footpaths
Responsibility for the repair of the Foy footbridge is disputed. The landowner states he has been miss-quoted and does not accept responsibility and has no liability.
It was RESOLVED that the Clerk contact the Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty to present a report in person.
8.3 Changes affecting the l/man & P3 scheme grant for 2017/18
Grant arrangements for the financial year 2017/18 were presented. It was RESOLVED to complete the submission for full available grant.

9. Road defects / Highways issues to report to Herefordshire Council
It was noted that drain works near Gatsford Crossroads on A449 had not been undertaken despite repeated requests with consequent flooding. The Clerk to write to the MP on the matter.
Update on cattle grid raised in item 12.1 of meeting 27/09/16 requested and Clerk to contact B/B Locality Steward
Transparency Fund

9.1 Update on application for transparency grant for website, website training and laptop.
Clerk reported that grant application had been commenced at HALC and would be completed shortly.

10. Training
It was noted that training and update would be welcomed by Parish Councillors and Clerk to ask Lynda Wilcox of HALC to provide a training session at Brampton Abbotts.
4 Copies of “the Good Councillors’ Guide” to be obtained for new members.

11. Neighbourhood Development Plan
The Clerk confirmed that documents had been received from Kirkwells and these would be immediately forwarded to Council by email.
It was agreed to set a date for a Steering Committee meeting and Cllr Teague undertook to liaise with Kirkwells for dates.
The Clerk was asked to check when the NDP grant needs to be spent to avoid having to return it.

12. Planning

12.1 163339 Commercial Yard & workshop adjoining Highfield, Bampton Abbotts. Description: Proposed development of site (two residential dwellings with garages).
Cllr Sherahilo presented comments on the application, expressing concern that the application has inaccuracies regarding Footpath location and proposed changes and other inaccuracies in the Planning Statement. It was RESOLVED by a vote of 8 and 1 abstention to OBJECT to the application for the following reasons:
1. the application in its current form fails to satisfy the key issues outlined in the Core Strategy local plan or the matters in Policy RA2.
2. the application has referred to being granted a diversion to the public footpath which alleged granting and footpath are the wrong footpaths and granting not proven.
Cllr Lewis left the meeting in accordance with item 2. Cllr Teague assumed Chair of the meeting.
12.2 163302 Land at The Byers Townsend Farm, Brampton Abbotts, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire. Proposed four detached dwellings.
Public representations expressed concern about the scale of proposed development, in appropriate character of the design not in keeping with locality, increased traffic. Cllr Sherahilo presented comments on the application echoing the public concerns and additionally the poor quality of application which indicated no knowledge of the location by the applicant.
It was RESOLVED, by unanimous vote to OBJECT to the application as follows:
1. The Application fails to respond appropriately to the key issues in the local plan,
Does not provide improved infrastructure
Does not conserve and enhance valued natural, historic and built environments including areas of Natural Outstanding Beauty.
Does not address issues from an aging population
Does not achieve sustainable development and reduce the reliance on the private car.
2. In the core strategy there is a need for a balanced environmental issues and economic and social needs, which is not met in the application
3. The PC believe in this area, that the ANOB is the paramount consideration as well as the need to use the private transport.
Cllr Lewis re-joined the meeting and re-assumed the Chair.

12. Finance

12.1 Bank balance was noted as £9,585.66 at 14/10/16 statement.
12.2 Budget for 2017/18
The Clerk circulated a draft Parish Budget update at 31/10/16 for consideration. It was understood and agreed that the budget must be approved at the next meeting (24/01/2017).
Cllr Teague requested financial information be provide to him to enable a draft budget be drawn up including Payments/Cash book & receipts and VAT details.
12.3 It was RESOLVED to pay invoices:-
K Greenow reimbursement of postage £11.43
Kirkwells invoice £2,400.00
12.4 Completion of external audit 2015/16 by Grant Thornton
Completed was noted and the Clerk was asked to complete the relevant form and publish as necessary.
12.5 BACS remittance 2nd Precept £2,750.00. This was noted.
12.6 Donation from Coffee & Cake group Brampton Abbotts of £409.55 toward the parish defibrillator
The Clerk was asked to write a letter of thanks to the Coffee & Cake group for their fundraising of £409.55 received by the Council towards the defibrillator.
12.7 Donation from BBQ and Community Café Brampton Abbotts of £185.00 toward the parish defibrillator
The Clerk was asked to write a letter of thanks to the Brampton Abbotts Community Café for their fundraising of £185.00 received by the Council towards the defibrillator.

13. Parish Phone Box
An update was provided by Cllr Sherahilo and noted.

16 Correspondence
No Correspondence received.

17 To consider items for next agenda (no discussion)
Items identified during discussions:

• Co-option of a new Councillor
• Agreement of Precept for 2017/2018
• Dates for Parish Council Meetings 2017
• Purchase and positioning of Parish noticeboard in Foy west.

18. To note date of next Parish Council Meeting
Next Meeting Tuesday 24th January 2017 at 07:30pm