Minutes of a Extraordinary meeting of the Council
On Tuesday 23rd October 2018
At Council Chamber, the Corn Exchange at 19:30
Present: Cllr D Teague Vice Chairman; Cllr E Evans; Cllr C Gething-Lewis; Cllr J Scudamore; Cllr J Sherahilo; Cllr G Watts
In attendance 1 Parishioner; Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm.
1) Apologies for absence: Cllr R Lewis Chairman; Cllr O Marshall; Cllr I Pebody; Cllr P Plumley; Cllr R Powell; Ward Cllr B Durkin.
2) Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
3) Minutes of meetings: It was RESOLVED unanimously to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting of 25th September 2018 as a true and accurate record of the meeting. It was noted that Cllr Scudamore had prepared a response on behalf of the Council to the Scrutiny Committee on roads maintenance and potholes.
4) Open Session. A member of the public advised that he has photographs of flooding in Church Road and Ross Road following heavy rains.
5) Neighbourhood Development Plan – a draft document circulated to Councillors on 17th October was discussed. Cllr Teague reported that the Settlement Boundary (page 25) had been amended and circulated but required one further adjustment.
Cllr Gething-Lewis advised of development plans for hydroelectricity from the river Wye and it was agreed this be incorporated into the plan if it could be done simply.
Subject to the matters above, it was RESOLVED unanimously to approve the Plan to go forward for Regulation 14 consultation.
A working group will meet to discuss consultation mechanisms.
6) Planning –
a) Current planning applications:
i) 183650 Brampton Abbotts Village Hall – removal & replacement of existing cement/fibre corrugated roof sheeting with new blue/black fibre cement slates. Following discussion it was unanimously RESOLVED to return no objection and no comments to this application.
ii) 183407 Gatsford Farm – (retrospective) change of use of agricultural hay barn for use as business storage. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments to this application.
iii) 183535 Gatsford Farm – (retrospective) change of use of agricultural hay barn for use as logging and storage. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments to this application.
iv) 183559 Rudhall Mill, Phocle Green – proposed storage building and reposition of parking area. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to object to this application as it was felt that the development would contribute to a substantial increase in traffic down the very narrow single lane roads through the Parish to Rudhall. The crossroads at B4221 and C1283 is noted as being a traffic danger point and further large vehicles negotiating this turn will increase the hazard.
b) Applications decided
i) 182727 The Bungalow, Church Road, Brampton Abbotts – ground floor extension and new porch: Approved. This was noted.
7) Lengthsman– The lengthsman’s report for work in October was considered. It was noted that the litter bin beside bus stop on Ross Road had been emptied by a Councillor who has had to cease this task. Agreed to ask if Lengthsman would provide cost for regular maintenance of this bin.
8) Footpaths: Work undertaken by Lengthsman was noted. It was suggested that swing gates/ kissing gates might be proposed for entrance to footpath BA23 north end of Turners Lane. Clerk to contact Landowner.
It was noted that the hedge along the Ross Road on field side was uncut and may present danger to road in winter weather conditions. Cllr Sherahilo to check.
9) Finance: It was RESOLVED unanimously to approve payments of – Terry Griffiths, 2 days P3 work – £682.80; Terry Griffiths, 1 day roads work £458.40; Ross-on-Wye Town Council, Room Hire £15.00.
10) BACRG – it was RESOLVED to ask Sam Hine to present an update at the Annual Parish Meeting in May 2019 and to be available to provide updates when necessary.
11) Correspondence – None. Cllr Scudamore advised he has copies of slides provide by developers on proposed development in Greytree.
12) Meeting Dates: Next meeting Parish Meeting – 27th November 2018 at 7:30pm in Upton Bishop Millennium Hall.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 20:45