Minutes of a meeting of the Council
On Tuesday 22nd January 2019
At Upton Bishop Millennium Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr R Lewis, Chairman; Cllr D Teague Vice Chairman; Cllr O Marshall; Cllr J Sherahilo; Cllr G Watts; Cllr R Powell; Cllr E Evans; Cllr C Gething-Lewis; Cllr J Scudamore; Cllr P Plumley.
In attendance Ward Cllr B Durkin; 11 Parishioners; Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm.
1) Apologies for absence: Cllr I Pebody
2) Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: Cllr O Marshall declared a pecuniary interest in item 10.b
3) Minutes of meetings: Cllr Teague identified an error at item 9 and ‘form’ was amended to ‘from’. It was RESOLVED unanimously to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting of 27th November 2018 as a true and accurate record of the meeting
4) Open Session.
a) Ward Cllr Durkin provided a verbal report and encouraged attendance at new Council Summits.
b) Members of the public raised the following issues:
Cllr Gething Lewis advised that an illegal drone being used un the Parish had been reported to the Civil Aviation Authority.
c) BACRG – Cllr Marshall provided an update on progress and the report will be available to view on the Parish website.
a) Current applications
i) 180155 Land East of the A40 – approval of reserved matters: the clerk was asked to compose a letter to express concerns about light pollution.
ii) Planning enforcement at Gatsford House – the Clerk confirmed the matter had been reported to Planning Enforcement who expected to receive a retrospective application within 28 days.
b) Decided applications
i) 163755 Land South of Church Road, Brampton Abbotts – 10 residential properties. Not approved. Noted.
ii) 183773 Four Winds, Phocle Green – approved. Noted.
6) Neighbourhood Development Plan – Following discussion it was RESOLVED by majority (1 objection, 9 in favour) to approve the draft document presented for Regulation 14 Consultation.
7) Village Hall
a) Update on repairs – A scope of works is being prepared and a meeting of the Village Hall Committee to take place on 24th January ’19.
b) Consideration of Public Works Loan – the Parish Council discussed this and it was confirmed that a request for a loan from the Village Hall Committee would be considered if put forward subject to further consideration of detail, legal compliance, and other matters at the time.
a) Current bank balance £12,845.17 and receipts & expenditure were noted.
b) It was RESOLVED to approve payment of invoices as follows: Upton Bishop Millenium Hall – Hire of meeting space £20.00; Elizabeth Malcolm – Clerk Salary & expenses 2 months £492.70; HMRC – Tax on salary £15.80; Terry Griffiths Lengthsman roads work: £398.40
9) Budget 2019/20 & Precept – budget presented at the meeting of 24th November was presented for further discussion on providing for a contingency sum to meet loan repayments where this to be agreed and fall due within the next financial year. It was RESOLVED unanimously to request a Precept of £11,000 to meet needs and ring-fence £2000 against PWLB costs. It was further agreed that if not used this sum to be used towards the following year’s precept.
10) Road defects / Highways
a) Road defect issues to report to Herefordshire Council – the cattle grid at Hole in the Wall has been cordoned by bollards but no work has been undertaken and this remains a danger to vehicles.
Cllr Marshall left the room
b) Proposed parking restrictions at C1273 & U70417. Following discussion of issues, it was RESOLVED to reconvene for a further discussion and a report from Oak House Nursery on proposals for staff and visitor off-road parking.
Cllr Marshall returned to the room
c) Action on Speeding Group update – no further information had been received from BBL and it was noted that a change of personnel meant that the new contact may not be familiar with the project.
11) Lengthsman – it was noted that a routine round of work had been undertaken in the Parish and a further round would take place in February.
12) Footpaths –
• Footpath FY8 incorrectly stated on agenda should be FY4 and steps in hand to establish of stile equipment supplied by BBL was for this repair.
• BA26 & BA23 – no further update available.
• Cllr Marshall reported vandalism on BA17 on two occasions with recently planted young trees ripped out.
13) Risk Schedule – to be discussed at next ordinary meeting
14) Light Pollution – An issue of light pollution from Ross was reported by a member of the public who will supply details for the Clerk to follow up. It was agreed to close this project and review at a later date when fewer special projects where requiring attention.
15) Correspondence – none to report.
16) Meeting Dates:
a) It was RESOVLED to set the date for Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Parish Council Meeting for Tuesday 21st May 2019 (not 28th May) to comply with electoral timings.
b) The next ordinary Parish Council Meeting to take place on Tuesday 26th March 2019 at Upton Bishop Millennium Hall.
c) Extraordinary Meeting to be held on Tuesday 5th February 2019 at Upton Bishop Millennium Hall.
d) Ordinary Parish Council meeting dates for 2019 –23rd July, 24th September, 26th November.
e) Councillors are asked to hold the following dates available for Extraordinary meetings if required: 23rd April, 25th June, 27th August, 22nd October.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 22:00