Minutes of the Extraordinary meeting of the Council
On Tuesday 15th August 2017
At Brampton Abbotts Village Hall at 20:00
Present: Chairman Cllr R Lewis; Vice Chairman Cllr D Teague (arrived 20:20); Cllr V Coker; Cllr C Gething-Lewis; Cllr O Marshall; Cllr I Pebody; Cllr P Plumley; Cllr J Sherahilo; Cllr G Watts.
In attendance: Ward Cllr B Durkin; Ian Connolly – West Mercia Police; Clive Hall – Herefordshire Highways; Andy Cook obh Threshold Sports; Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm; 19 Parishioners.
1) Apologies for absence: None
2) Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
3) Minutes of meetings Meeting of the Parish Council 25th July 2017 – it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting.
4) Open Session. Views of Local Residents – none (Planning comments invited with application discussion)
5) Deloitte Bike Tour. Mr Cook for organisers Threshold Sports provided information on the nature of the event and organisational arrangements in hand. There are expected to be approximately 700 bike riders passing through Brampton Abbotts & Foy and along through Hole-in-the-Wall between 11:00 and 15:00 in probable groups of 4 or 5 on Monday 11th September.
Cllr Sherahilo & Cllr Gething-Lewis advised that * the Parish Council had requested that a one-way traffic flow be established for the duration. Mr Hall responded that such a traffic order might encourage more reckless behaviour by cyclists and would disadvantage drivers.
Cllr Sherahilo stated that he understood that the organises, road authority and Police were unwilling to meet the Parish Council request to support the interests of the Parishioners for a one way traffic system for the duration of the ride.
It was agreed that Mr Cook would investigate dissemination of advance information from Herefordshire Council and in the meantime would provide documentation on the route and other measures.
Cllr Lewis thanked Mr Cook, Mr Hall and Mr Connolly for attending the meeting.
* after hearing the representations from Mr Cook, and road and Police authority [Agreed additional words for clarification]
a) applications received:
i) 172512 Store Adjoining Highfield Brampton Abbotts – Proposed 4 bedroomed dwelling with attached garage. Following discussion of this application it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
ii) 172570 Gatsford House, Gatsford Ross-On-Wye – Proposed first floor rear extension over existing garage with associated alterations. Following discussion of this application it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
iii) 172574 Outline Land at Gatsford House Gatsford Ross-on-Wye – Proposed new dwelling. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection, but with comment as follows: The Parish Council is concerned that the crossroads at A449 and Gatsford Road has a history of flooding and causing danger, they therefore wish to be assured that adequate provision is made for the management of surface water.
7) Neighbourhood Development Plan
The Chairman provided a background statement explaining that a query had been raised, that a member of the Steering Group, Mr Fraser had failed to declare the full nature of his interest in land in the Parish that has been and is subject to planning applications. It was noted that the Parish Clerk had taken advise on how the matter should be dealt with. Cll Teague Chairman of the NDP Steering Group presented a statement. Mr Fraser commented on the response that he had made to the Parish Clerk having been requested for his comments on the matter. Cllr Sherahilo also commented. The Council then discussed the issue. The Parish Clerk confirmed a vote should be taken to resolve the issue. Mr Fraser was offered to consider his position on the Steering Group, he asked for a vote to proceed, which it did. It was RESOLVED by a majority vote to remove Mr Fraser from the Steering Group: 5 in favour; 1 against; 3 abstaining.
8) Next ordinary meeting confirmed as 26th September 2017.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21:45.
Signed:………R B Lewis ………… Date:………12/9/17