How you can help:
- Encourage people to wash their hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, especially before cooking and eating; after using the toilet and using public transport. Please display the enclosed posters within your communities.
- Remind people to ‘Catch it. Bin it. Kill it’: If you sneeze or cough remember to catch it with a tissue; bin it and kill it by washing your hands or using a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water isn’t available.
- Advise people to follow PHE’s returning traveller advice: There are some countries and areas where there’s a higher chance of coming into contact with someone with coronavirus. If you have returned from travelling outside of the UK within the last 14 days please check and follow the PHE specific advice for returning travellers.
- Add the ‘Catch it. Bin it. Kill it’ to your email signature (copy in my signature below): remind people to practice good respiratory and hand hygiene by adding the enclosed logo to the bottom of your email signature.
- Signpost people to reputable sources of information: stay up to date and avoid misinformation by visiting and signposting people to the below web pages.
Additional sources of general information:
For the latest, reputable sources of information about this coronavirus please visit and signpost the general public to the following websites:
- Health advice about coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Latest information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
- Frequently asked Questions: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/